Find a number of do’s and don’ts for this subject when writing a thesis:
Do’s when doing literature research
- Think of clear step-by-step questions that describe, explain and evaluate and ultimately lead to a predetermined goal (hypothesis, preconditions, etc.)
- Make a selection of the literature you want to use and process this literature with index cards.
- Make a clear outline of the course of the chapter and try to form key phrases that guide the design of a (sub) paragraph.
- Wait as long as possible with writing.
Dont’s when doing literature research
- Too few sources
- Too many old / irrelevant sources
- No clearly formulated sub-questions
- No goal (hypotheses, benchmarks, conceptual model, etc.)