Are you struggling to start writing your thesis, suffer from procrastination, or do you no longer see the forest through the trees? Do you find it difficult to find a suitable subject, and to translate that into a good problem and sub-questions? Do you want to know more about the right methods and techniques to write a good thesis? Or are you wondering how to do thorough literature research?
Are you prepared to work hard on a long weekend under expert one-on-one guidance and in small groups of a maximum of four students per supervisor and 12 participants in total? Then the Scriptie Boost weekend that Studielab organizes regularly may be something for you. The Scriptie Boost weekend is intended for students from all higher education programs who:
- At the beginning of their bachelor or master thesis
- Have stalled and more or less have to start again
- Have problems with literature or practical research
- I would like to know more about how you approach writing a thesis
- Want to improve study skills for writing a thesis;
- Love to exchange thoughts with experienced study coaches and fellow students about the problems they encounter;
- I would like to receive personal feedback from study coaches and fellow students on previous work.
Why a weekend?
Experience has taught us that people who are at the beginning of a thesis benefit from intensive guidance in this phase. Because of this they avoid pitfalls and later on they do not face any unsolvable problems during the thesis process. The Thesis Boost offers you a stimulating environment in which you can work on your research proposal for a weekend together with fellow students. You will therefore be able to fully devote yourself to your research without distraction. The aim here is to make progress, with the help of professional supervisors, which would normally take weeks. The skills that you acquire during the Scriptie Boost weekend will be successfully applied in the research and writing process.
During this weekend you will learn:
- Skills needed to complete your thesis in time according to a realistic schedule
- Create a logical structure in your thesis
- To formulate a relevant problem with logical main and sub-questions
- Understand what a theoretical framework and conceptual model is
- Motivate a logical research strategy and methodology
- Understand how you conduct relevant and in-depth literature research.
Do you have questions about the Scriptie Boost weekend? Do you want to know more about the program and whether it is suitable for you? Please contact us via the contact form below.
Cost of participation
- Regular students: € 450.-
- OU students: €350.-
- Studielab customers: € 350.- *
* Studielab customers who purchase at least a monthly package or have purchased it in the past. Please note: this rate only applies to enrollment via Studielab and not when enrolling via the Open University!
At this moment the registration for the thesis boost weekend is closed. Do you want to know when the next weekend takes place? Please contact us via the form below so that we can notify you as soon as we know when the next weekend is planned.